How to get involved:
Check out our free online information, such as the Road Map App, News, and Resources. These are available to help you learn more about us and the important work we do. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay in the know and to help spread the word.
Joining as a member of the Sustainable Libraries Initiative (SLI) is a fantastic way to learn more about how libraries can take a leadership role in promoting sustainable practices in their communities. You'll gain access to a range of valuable resources, including webinars, policy examples, our custom CO2 emissions calculator, and to our vendor list, which is a taxonomy of eco-conscious organizations we are continuously adding to. These tools will help you make informed decisions and take practical steps towards becoming a sustainable library. Please contact us for more information about group enrollment.
When you are ready to formalize your commitment to the Triple Bottom Line, enrollment in the Sustainable Libraries Certification Program (SLCP) will provide you with a tested, structured path forward to increase your library’s commitment to environmental stewardship, economic feasibility, and social equity. One year of Membership is included when you join the SLCP, there is no time limit to complete the certification, we ask only that you keep your Membership active while you work towards certification. Contact us for more details about how the certification program can help your library become a leader in sustainability.
As you progress through the SLCP you will:
- Create an organizational culture that asks the right questions about operational and outreach decisions
- Engage administration, staff, and board members/administration in a new way of thinking and collaborating
- Inspire your colleagues and community to join your efforts
- Reduce your greenhouse gases, energy intake, and waste output
- Help to futureproof your organization, our profession and your community.
Along the way we’re here to help! Enrollment in the SLCP includes:
- One-on-one assistance from your mentor
- Monthly online support meetings to connect with your peers and the mentors
- Resources to expand your understanding of issues addressed through the program and enhance your ability to implement effective policies, procedures, and programs
- Exclusive access to sample policies, templates, and continuing education opportunities